Who knew practical, hand-made masks could be beautiful?
… Beautiful in their construction
Breathable protective barriers:
Our masks use 2 layers of tightly woven quilter’s cotton & an inner layer of non-woven polypropylene
Adding choice & colorful patterns helps life feel a little more ‘normal’ right now
Full under-the-chin coverage:
Our pleated, surgical style design covers your nose, mouth, and chin
Our re-shapeable nose piece keeps your mask secure and your eyewear fog-free
Custom-fit ties give your ears a break from tight elastic ear bands
If everyone wears a mask, together we could turn this pandemic into isolated incidents
… And Beautiful in their impact
Everybody needs a mask, but we all have different amounts we can pay for one.
Your Purchase of a Jane Michael mask helps us partner with and provide masks free of charge for organizations serving:
- Homeless youth
- Abortion clinics
- Native American Populations
Remember, not all of our neighbors can wear what we can.
- People of color don’t have the privilege to wear a bandana “bandit style”
- Some trauma survivors report severe anxiety when wearing regular surgical masks, which remind them of their medical condition, past natural disasters, or even war years ago
Learn about our suppliers:
- Non-woven polypropylene – canvas ETC, a Minority Woman-owned Business
- Cotton/Poly blend bias tape – Dove Originals Trim, a family owned and operated business. To help the mask-making effort, they are constantly resupplying their inventory of and prioritizing all orders for bias tape, elastic, twill tape.